Election day is right around the corner. There have been a lot of changes in 2020, so we thought it might be helpful to share important deadlines and information with our members to make you sure all have the opportunity to make your vote count! This nonpartisan information below has been provided by Missoula Votes – the Missoula County Elections Office.
Missoula County will hold the election by mail.
- Polling places will not be open on Election Day
- All active registered voters will receive a ballot once they’re mailed Friday, October 9
- Ballots are due back to the Elections Office by 8:00 pm on November 3
- Postmarks are not sufficient
- Return postage is paid
Go to MyVoterPageMT.com to check if you’re registered and that your address and other information are accurate.
Need to register?
Go to the Missoula County Voter Registration page for instructions.
Want to vote in person?
Ballots will become available for in-person voting at the Elections Center, 140 N. Russell St. in Missoula, starting Friday, Oct. 2. Voters can come by the Elections Center weekdays from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm until Election Day.
The Elections Center Office also will offer extended hours leading up to and on Election Day:
- Saturday, October 24: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Monday-Friday, October 26-30: 8:00 am – 6:30 pm
- Saturday, October 31: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Monday, November 2: 7:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Tuesday, November 3: 7:00 am – 8:00 pm
(Note: Office will be closed Monday, Oct. 12, in observance of Indigenous Peoples Day.)
Want to drop off your ballot instead of mailing it?
Voters can also drop off a ballot at the Elections Center during any of the times listed above.
On Election Day November 3, 2020 only, the following drop-off locations will be open from 7:00 am to 8:00 pm:
- Clearwater Credit Union (Reserve St. Branch Only), 2610 N. Reserve St. parking lot
- Clinton School Annex, 20359 E. Mullan Road
- Frenchtown Fire Station, 16875 Marion St.
- Lolo Elementary School, 11395 Hwy. 93 S.
- McCormick Park, 600 Cregg Lane
- Missoula County Fairgrounds, 1101 South Ave. W.
- Missoula Early Learning Center (Cold Springs), 2625 Briggs St.
- Potomac Greenough Community Center, 29827 Potomac Road
- Seeley Lake Elementary School, 200 School Lane
- Spring Meadows Fire Station, 9350 Ladyslipper Lane
- UM (Adams Center), 32 Campus Drive
The Elections Office will also host the following satellite voter events, where voters can register to vote, receive a replacement ballot, vote a ballot in person, or drop off a ballot:
- Tuesday, Oct. 13: Frenchtown Fire Station, 16875 Marion St., 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Tuesday, Oct. 20: Seeley Lake Tax Extension Office, 3360 Hwy. 83 N., 10:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Tuesday, Oct. 27: University of Montana Adams Center, 32 Campus Drive, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Have more questions? Check out the 2020 Election FAQ.