Do you want to belong to something greater than yourself? When you join the team at Clearwater Credit Union, you’re empowered to make a difference in the world.
Join the movement
At Clearwater Credit Union, we work every day to build thriving, sustainable communities as a catalyst for positive social, economic, and environmental change. Our employees are diverse, but we’re united on one thing: the commitment to solve problems, create opportunities, and be active in our communities.
If you’re looking for more than just a career, and you believe you have the skills to provide our members with exceptional service, we’d like to get to know you better.
We have wonderful benefits — health, dental, wellness reimbursement, various paid time off categories. We have an environment that encourages growth and offers opportunity. It’s a place I come each day knowing there will be support and laughter … it also doesn’t hurt that I’ve gained a wealth of financial knowledge, with many go-to experts in multiple areas.— Cheri, Branch Manager
Our compensation programs are based on our mission, values, and vision. We don’t just talk about equal pay, competitiveness, profit sharing, and accountability — we deliver on it.
How do we know? Because we track the numbers. Learn how we’re building our team to build our future, below.
We Measure It
- Average compensation per job classification (quarterly)
- Living wage for geographic areas (annually)
- Disparity between highest- and lowest-paid team member (annually)
- Average compensation ratio by gender per job classification (annually)
- Low deductible health plan
- Annual wellness screenings
- Monthly gym membership reimbursement
- Paid volunteer time – up to 24 hours a year
- Matching 401(k) contributions, up to 6%
- Ongoing training and development
The culture difference
From finding ways to be more environmentally friendly to caring for our physical and mental wellbeing to working as a TEAM (Together Employees Achieve More), we strive to make our credit union a great place to work.
Our Green Team
Generating new ideas and implementing ways for Clearwater Credit Union can become more environmentally friendly.
Our Wellness Team
Promoting employee wellbeing with fun fitness challenges, health screenings, race sponsorships, and more.
Running our staff recognition programs, coordinating volunteerism, planning events and supporting our philanthropic efforts.
Our credit union was named one of the Healthiest Companies in America by Interactive Health, Inc.Healthy Company award »
Employer of Choice
We earned the Employer of Choice Award from the Missoula Job Service Employers’ Council.Employer of Choice award
Quarterly Service & Excellence
Erika Sylvester, Teller Supervisor
The opportunity to work with Erika always leaves those around her better prepared, and she’ll always leave you with a smile on your face. Whether it’s keeping the energy positive on stressful days, cheerfully chatting with members, or taking on difficult tasks without batting an eye, Erika is a veritable powerhouse within the credit union who deserves tenfold the recognition we’ve attempted to give here. Thank you Erika, for all that you do!
Annual Service & Excellence
Andrew Thorness, Accounting
Andrew is constantly striving to improve and develop his own skillset, and in his own words has “endeavored to make himself available to his coworkers for anything that they need help with.” Through his work at Clearwater and his volunteering with VITA and CASA, Andrew continuously demonstrates leadership, approachability, mentoring, and promotes Clearwater’s vision.
David Kesler, Commercial Credit Analyst
“David Kesler has been key to my successful first year as a lender with Clearwater and I would broaden that to say the loan department could not have accomplished what we have without him”. He has stepped up to fill any role that is needed and always gives 100% with an infectious positive attitude. “David’s overall positive attitude keeps those around him upbeat and focused”, and “he takes on each role as a challenge and attacks it with a broad smile.
Clearwater Credit Union has a full time opening for a Real Estate Loan Processor. This position is responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate packaging of all loans originated by Real Estate Lending Officers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Maintain and file loan files and records
- Gather information and receive loan file(s) from Real Estate Lending Officers
- Validate application information in computer system
- Ensure loan file, including documentation, is complete
- Order appraisals, title commitments, income verifications and other needed information and documentation
- Work with Real Estate Lending Officers and members to address problems and/or discrepancies in provided information
- Assemble and analyze borrower data for submission to underwriter
- Prepare and review closing loan documents
- Disburse approved loans
- Knowledge of home lending products offered, including staying up to date with regulatory changes
- Knowledge of credit union products and services, including staying up to date with changes and additions
- Provide internal and external members with excellent service
- Follows all credit union policies and procedures, including being compliant with state and federal laws and regulation
- Reliable attendance and completion of tasks
A successful applicant must be organized, accurate, detail-oriented, have excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills, commitment to recognizing needs and creating solutions, knowledge of Credit Union products, services and procedures, exceptional internal and external member service and telephone etiquette, the ability to make sound decisions, the ability to work independently and appreciation for working in a team-oriented environment. Real Estate processing experience preferred. Position closes October 19, 2020.
Salary depends on experience. Missoula Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer and offers over 25 benefits beyond salary, including health insurance, PTO, 401(k) match, paid volunteer time and more!
Clearwater Credit Union is accepting applications for a Benefits and Payroll Coordinator position. This role is responsible for administering the Credit Union’s employee benefit programs, processing payroll, and being a resource of information for employees.
- Process employee payroll accurately
- Maintain payroll records and employee records, both paper and electronic
- Coordinate all Clearwater employee benefits
- Communicate with employees regarding benefit offerings and eligibility
- Manage benefit enrollment process
- Maintain benefit records, including employee benefit records and vendor records
- Prepare correspondence and the necessary documents for implementing or changing coverage and/or to meet compliance requirements
- Prepare and complete reports for internal use and/or to meet government compliance requirements
- Pay all benefit related invoices and balance general ledgers
- Communicate and build relationships with benefit providers and vendors
- Assist in the annual budget process
- Research and suggest new benefit options
- Maintain knowledge of employment laws and regulations, including employee benefit and payroll laws
- 2-5 years of similar or related experience, including time spent in preparatory positions
- HRCI/SHRM certification a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Strong time management skills, problem solving skills
- Ability to see the larger picture, yet still have attention to the details
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
Salary depends on experience. Clearwater Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer and offers over 25 benefits beyond salary, including health insurance, PTO, 401(k) match, paid volunteer time and more! Position closes October 14, 2020.
We are accepting applications for the position of Universal Associate (UA).
A Universal Associate is the face of Clearwater Credit Union. The Universal Associate is responsible for assisting members with all aspects of their financial needs. The role is all-encompassing and requires the Universal Associate to advise all members on account options, sales solutions, service transactions, consumer loans, self-service channels and high-level budgeting. The Universal Associate builds positive relationships with current and potential members and directly contributes to the success of the Credit Union’s strategic goals, by recognizing and detecting opportunities to build a deeper relationship with the member. The Universal Associate fully embraces and supports Clearwater’s Mission, Vision and Values.
Applicants must be comfortable working in an open environment, have strong communication skills, be flexible, and be a team player. Additional requirements include; ability to provide exceptional service, multi-task, recognize needs and create solutions.
Do you want to work for Montana’s largest CDFI? In one of the most interesting, historic, and picturesque communities in the Rocky Mountains? If yes, then Clearwater Credit Union has an exciting, high impact opportunity for you, complete with awesome benefits and a great work environment. We are pleased to be accepting applications for a Business Loan Officer in Butte, Montana.
The Business Loan Officer position is responsible for assisting business members with their commercial lending needs, being a resource of information for business members, and building stronger relationships in the business community.
- Interviewing the member, determining what their needs are, and obtaining all applicable financial and other relevant documentation to make an informed credit decision.
- Providing excellent member service by managing member expectations through good communication and timely loan closings.
- A strong understanding of financial analysis, cash flow analysis, and collateral evaluation.
- Structures and negotiates terms, underwrites, and closes loans.
- Manages a loan portfolio of commercial members that includes monitoring the credit quality by analyzing updated financial information and ensuring that the loan file is updated with all necessary documentation.
- Performs collections and workouts of troubled loans, as necessary.
- Familiarity with credit and other internal policies.
- Serves on local boards and volunteers for various community events.
- Minimum 1-3 years of business lending experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong organizational time management skills and problem-solving skills.
Salary depends on experience. Clearwater Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer and offers over 25 benefits beyond salary, including health insurance, PTO, 401(k) match, paid volunteer time and more! Position open until filled.