Do you want to belong to something greater than yourself? When you join the team at Clearwater Credit Union, you’re empowered to make a difference in the world.
Join the movement
At Clearwater Credit Union, we work every day to build thriving, sustainable communities as a catalyst for positive social, economic, and environmental change. Our employees are diverse, but we’re united on one thing: the commitment to solve problems, create opportunities, and be active in our communities.
If you’re looking for more than just a career, and you believe you have the skills to provide our members with exceptional service, we’d like to get to know you better.
We have wonderful benefits — health, dental, wellness reimbursement, various paid time off categories. We have an environment that encourages growth and offers opportunity. It’s a place I come each day knowing there will be support and laughter … it also doesn’t hurt that I’ve gained a wealth of financial knowledge, with many go-to experts in multiple areas.— Cheri, Branch Manager
Our compensation programs are based on our mission, values, and vision. We don’t just talk about equal pay, competitiveness, profit sharing, and accountability — we deliver on it.
How do we know? Because we track the numbers. Learn how we’re building our team to build our future, below.
We Measure It
- Average compensation per job classification (quarterly)
- Living wage for geographic areas (annually)
- Disparity between highest- and lowest-paid team member (annually)
- Average compensation ratio by gender per job classification (annually)
- Low deductible health plan
- Annual wellness screenings
- Monthly gym membership reimbursement
- Paid volunteer time – up to 24 hours a year
- Matching 401(k) contributions, up to 6%
- Ongoing training and development
The culture difference
From finding ways to be more environmentally friendly to caring for our physical and mental wellbeing to working as a TEAM (Together Employees Achieve More), we strive to make our credit union a great place to work.
Our Green Team
Generating new ideas and implementing ways for Clearwater Credit Union can become more environmentally friendly.
Our Wellness Team
Promoting employee wellbeing with fun fitness challenges, health screenings, race sponsorships, and more.
Running our staff recognition programs, coordinating volunteerism, planning events and supporting our philanthropic efforts.
Our credit union was named one of the Healthiest Companies in America by Interactive Health, Inc.Healthy Company award »
Employer of Choice
We earned the Employer of Choice Award from the Missoula Job Service Employers’ Council.Employer of Choice award
Quarterly Service & Excellence
Erika Sylvester, Teller Supervisor
The opportunity to work with Erika always leaves those around her better prepared, and she’ll always leave you with a smile on your face. Whether it’s keeping the energy positive on stressful days, cheerfully chatting with members, or taking on difficult tasks without batting an eye, Erika is a veritable powerhouse within the credit union who deserves tenfold the recognition we’ve attempted to give here. Thank you Erika, for all that you do!
Annual Service & Excellence
Andrew Thorness, Accounting
Andrew is constantly striving to improve and develop his own skillset, and in his own words has “endeavored to make himself available to his coworkers for anything that they need help with.” Through his work at Clearwater and his volunteering with VITA and CASA, Andrew continuously demonstrates leadership, approachability, mentoring, and promotes Clearwater’s vision.
David Kesler, Commercial Credit Analyst
“David Kesler has been key to my successful first year as a lender with Clearwater and I would broaden that to say the loan department could not have accomplished what we have without him”. He has stepped up to fill any role that is needed and always gives 100% with an infectious positive attitude. “David’s overall positive attitude keeps those around him upbeat and focused”, and “he takes on each role as a challenge and attacks it with a broad smile.
We are accepting applications for a full-time Compliance Officer position. This role is responsible for supporting and maintaining the Credit Union’s regulatory, legal, and policy compliance. The individual will be responsible for the administration and implementation of all aspects of the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) program which monitors compliance with state and federal BSA, Anti-Money Laundering (AML), and Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC) laws and regulations. They will also serve as the Credit Unions certified BSA officer, a role appointed by the Board of Directors.
- Evaluate credit union policies, procedures, products, and programs to ensure compliance
- Maintain knowledge of regulatory and compliance requirements, including staying up to date with changes
- Evaluate and communicate impact of regulatory, policy, and compliance requirement changes and make recommendations on how to address these changes
- Communicate compliance issues with appropriate parties
- Responsible for monitoring suspicious activity using Clearwater’s AML software and serve as the system administrator
- Electronically file all Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) and ensure the accurate and timely filing of Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs)
- Review and determine responses to all subpoenas and or search warrants served to Clearwater, assemble and deliver documents requested
- Responsible for all updates and changes to externally provided forms and documents
- Answer compliance-related questions for staff and volunteers
- Communicate, research, and investigate various trends related to fraudulent activity
- Educate and train staff and volunteers on compliance-related issues, including, but not limited to, annual BSA training
- Oversee Clearwater’s BSA program
- Coordinate and assist with planning and implementing compliance audits and examinations
- Complete research and reports as requested
- Achieve and maintain compliance certification
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work effectively and efficiently with all levels of staff, members, and vendors.
- Ability to monitor, analyze and apply compliance rules, regulations, and procedures
- Strong attention to detail and ability to problem-solve
- Ability to work autonomously
Position closes January 11, 2020. Salary depends on experience. Clearwater Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer and offers over 25 benefits beyond salary, including health insurance, PTO, 401(k) match, paid volunteer time and more!
We are accepting applications for a full-time Branch Manager position. The Branch Manager position is responsible for directing and administering the consumer lending efforts of the retail branch, building relationships within the community, and being a source of information for employees and members. At times, the position will involve directing and administering branch operational efforts.
A successful applicant must have strong communication skills, leadership and team-building skills, ability to motivate people, strong knowledge of daily financial operations, and knowledge of branch operations. They must also be detail-oriented with outstanding problem-solving skills and the ability to make sound decisions, implement and support new projects and processes. Additional qualifications include ability to coach others to achieve goals, ability to work autonomously, and ability to network and promote Clearwater in the community. Previous management and lending experience are preferred.
Position closes January 12, 2021. Salary depends on experience. Clearwater Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer and offers over 25 benefits beyond salary, including health insurance, PTO, 401(k) match, paid volunteer time and more!
We are accepting applications for the position of Universal Associate (UA).
A Universal Associate is the face of Clearwater Credit Union. The Universal Associate is responsible for assisting members with all aspects of their financial needs. The role is all-encompassing and requires the Universal Associate to advise all members on account options, sales solutions, service transactions, consumer loans, self-service channels and high-level budgeting. The Universal Associate builds positive relationships with current and potential members and directly contributes to the success of the Credit Union’s strategic goals, by recognizing and detecting opportunities to build a deeper relationship with the member. The Universal Associate fully embraces and supports Clearwater’s Mission, Vision and Values.
Applicants must be comfortable working in an open environment, have strong communication skills, be flexible, and be a team player. Additional requirements include; ability to provide exceptional service, multi-task, recognize needs and create solutions.
Do you want to work for Montana’s largest CDFI? In one of the most interesting, historic, and picturesque communities in the Rocky Mountains? If yes, then Clearwater Credit Union has an exciting, high impact opportunity for you, complete with awesome benefits and a great work environment. We are pleased to be accepting applications for a Business Loan Officer in Butte, Montana.
The Business Loan Officer position is responsible for assisting business members with their commercial lending needs, being a resource of information for business members, and building stronger relationships in the business community.
- Interviewing the member, determining what their needs are, and obtaining all applicable financial and other relevant documentation to make an informed credit decision.
- Providing excellent member service by managing member expectations through good communication and timely loan closings.
- A strong understanding of financial analysis, cash flow analysis, and collateral evaluation.
- Structures and negotiates terms, underwrites, and closes loans.
- Manages a loan portfolio of commercial members that includes monitoring the credit quality by analyzing updated financial information and ensuring that the loan file is updated with all necessary documentation.
- Performs collections and workouts of troubled loans, as necessary.
- Familiarity with credit and other internal policies.
- Serves on local boards and volunteers for various community events.
- Minimum 1-3 years of business lending experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong organizational time management skills and problem-solving skills.
Salary depends on experience. Clearwater Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer and offers over 25 benefits beyond salary, including health insurance, PTO, 401(k) match, paid volunteer time and more! Position open until filled.