Do you want to belong to something greater than yourself? When you join the team at Clearwater Credit Union, you’re empowered to make a difference in the world.
Join the movement
At Clearwater Credit Union, we work every day to build thriving, sustainable communities as a catalyst for positive social, economic, and environmental change. Our employees are diverse, but we’re united on one thing: the commitment to solve problems, create opportunities, and be active in our communities.
If you’re looking for more than just a career, and you believe you have the skills to provide our members with exceptional service, we’d like to get to know you better.
Our compensation programs are based on our mission, values, and vision. We don’t just talk about equal pay, competitiveness, profit sharing, and accountability — we deliver on it.
How do we know? Because we track the numbers. Learn how we’re building our team to build our future, below.
We Measure It
- Average compensation per job classification (quarterly)
- Living wage for geographic areas (annually)
- Disparity between highest- and lowest-paid team member (annually)
- Average compensation ratio by gender per job classification (annually)
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At Clearwater, diversity, equity, and inclusion inform our core values. We believe that welcoming a variety of perspectives is the best way to generate ideas, build inclusive economies, and respond to the complex problems facing the communities we serve.
To hold ourselves accountable to our core value of “Together We Include,” we’re working to ensure that our policies and procedures support Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion.
- Low deductible health plan
- Annual wellness screenings
- Monthly gym membership reimbursement
- Paid volunteer time – up to 24 hours a year
- Matching 401(k) contributions, up to 6%
- Ongoing training and development
The culture difference
From finding ways to be more environmentally friendly to caring for our physical and mental wellbeing to working as a TEAM (Together Employees Achieve More), we strive to make our credit union a great place to work.
Our Green Team
Generating new ideas and implementing ways for Clearwater Credit Union can become more environmentally friendly.
Our Wellness Team
Promoting employee wellbeing with fun fitness challenges, health screenings, race sponsorships, and more.
Running our staff recognition programs, coordinating volunteerism, planning events and supporting our philanthropic efforts.
Our credit union was named one of the Healthiest Companies in America by Interactive Health, Inc.Healthy Company award »
Employer of Choice
We earned the Employer of Choice Award from the Missoula Job Service Employers’ Council.Employer of Choice award
Quarterly Service & Excellence
Lori Christensen, Real Estate Loan Officer
“I feel very fortunate to be able to work with Lori. I am constantly blown away by the volume and quality of her work. She’s unbelievably efficient, works so hard, and has excellent member interactions. Lori is kind and insightful, and a pleasure to interact with, even when her workload is through the roof. I have personally recommended Lori to several friends and family. Lori, thank you for all you do!”
Annual Service & Excellence
Laura Johson, Universal Associate
Laura is consistently giving not only one of the brightest smiles in the company to members and coworkers alike, but she is always willing to go above and beyond for both. She takes initiative to learn new things, even if not directly related to her role, especially if it will help assist her co-workers in some way. She also is a gifted mentor and her approachability makes it easy for her peers to learn from her. Laura truly represents and lives our values of together we matter, empower, include, and own, and Laura’s members and her coworkers truly feel that from her. She is a great example for the rest of us! Thank you for all that you do for our members and coworkers, Laura!
We are accepting applications for a full-time Consumer Loan Officer in Bozeman, MT.
This individual will be part of the Indirects Lending team and will help the Credit Union establish a presence and relationships within our newly added membership area, providing loans and being a resource of information for members.
A successful applicant must be goal-oriented, have excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires attention to detail, commitment to recognizing needs and creating solutions, knowledge of credit union philosophy, products, services, and procedures. Must have the ability to make informed, rational lending decisions and the dedication and ability to learn and implement all aspects of member service and consumer lending. Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 1-3 years consumer lending experience, excellent customer service skills, and sales experience. Position closes May 2, 2021.
Salary depends on experience. Clearwater Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer and offers over 25 benefits beyond salary, including health insurance, PTO, 401(k) match, paid volunteer time, and more!
We are accepting applications for a full-time Financial Services Representative in Missoula, MT.
Financial Service Representatives act as the front-line service providers to our members and we’re looking for service-oriented individuals to join our team. Daily tasks include, but are not limited to: processing cash and non-cash transactions, maintaining member accounts, and educating members on products and services. Applicants must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment and be a team player. Previous cash handling and customer service experience are preferred.
Do you want to work for Montana’s largest CDFI? In one of the most interesting, historic, and picturesque communities in the Rocky Mountains? If yes, then Clearwater Credit Union has an exciting, high impact opportunity for you, complete with awesome benefits and a great work environment. We are pleased to be accepting applications for a Business Loan Officer in Butte, Montana.
The Business Loan Officer position is responsible for assisting business members with their commercial lending needs, being a resource of information for business members, and building stronger relationships in the business community.
- Interviewing the member, determining what their needs are, and obtaining all applicable financial and other relevant documentation to make an informed credit decision.
- Providing excellent member service by managing member expectations through good communication and timely loan closings.
- A strong understanding of financial analysis, cash flow analysis, and collateral evaluation.
- Structures and negotiates terms, underwrites, and closes loans.
- Manages a loan portfolio of commercial members that includes monitoring the credit quality by analyzing updated financial information and ensuring that the loan file is updated with all necessary documentation.
- Performs collections and workouts of troubled loans, as necessary.
- Familiarity with credit and other internal policies.
- Serves on local boards and volunteers for various community events.
- Minimum 1-3 years of business lending experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration, or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong organizational time management skills and problem-solving skills.
Salary depends on experience. Clearwater Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer and offers over 25 benefits beyond salary, including health insurance, PTO, 401(k) match, paid volunteer time and more! Position open until filled.