At Clearwater Credit Union, every swipe, deposit, and payment you make supports what you believe in — things like inclusiveness, sustainability, and a healthy local economy.
What makes us different?
Competitive on price. Competitive on product.
BEST ON SHARED VALUES.
We’re your catalyst for social, economic, and environmental change.
We want everyone who’s touched by our work to be better equipped for tomorrow than they were yesterday. To that end, we’re living our values, redefining banking as a force for good, and working every day to build thriving sustainable communities.
Local Lending Promise
We’re committed to servicing your loan in-house for its whole lifetime.
We offer a variety of checking options designed to help you bank your way.
You’re not just an account number to us. We get to know you, and we’re here to help.
Am I eligible to join?
We serve Beaverhead, Deer Lodge, Granite, Lake, Missoula, Ravalli, and Silver Bow Counties.
You’re eligible to join if:
- You live, work, worship, or go to school here
- You participate in an association headquartered here
- You participate in a program whose goal is to alleviate poverty or distress here
- You represent an incorporated or unincorporated organization located here
- You’re part of any eligible person’s immediate family or household
Not sure if you can join?
Why Join Clearwater Credit Union?
At Clearwater Credit Union, every dollar you trust us with helps make your world a better place.
30K+ ATMs, 5K shared branches
With tens of thousands of ATMs, plus shared branching at over 5,000 credit unions nationwide, your money is easy to access, at home or on the road.
Checking that fits
Big on options, low on fees. Find the account that works best for you.
Competitive auto loans
Get great rates with no application fees, with terms up to 72 months.
Every dollar can help make your world a better place.
Money to members
As a credit union, we return our profits to our members in the form of better rates and lower fees.
Full service for your financials
From personal banking, to mortgage lending, or to business lending- we offer a wide range of services to meet your needs.
We offer a variety of loan options with competitive rates to help you buy your next home.
We’re always looking for ways to help you save, and we offer the tools and products you need to manage your finances — including digital and mobile banking.
Help with building credit
We can help you understand what’s in your credit report and work with you to improve your credit score.
Join us for one of our upcoming workshops and events, or schedule a Financial Counseling session, and take control of your finances.
Financial advice for your future
We’ll work with you to identify your short- and long-term financial needs, develop a plan, and help you reach your dreams — whether it’s a vacation, your first family home, or a smart retirement.
We’re reducing our environmental footprint, and we hope our stewardship will inspire others to do the same.
We’re reaching out to people in need, offering the financial tools they need to build lives of hope in our region.
Our employees volunteered a total of 2,766 hours last year to organizations that support our communities.
Educating our members
In 2017, we provided 602 financial counseling sessions to 140 members, helping them with budgeting and financial management assistance.
Last year, we awarded $8,200 in scholarships to promising students.
Supporting local business
By empowering local business, we empower our local economy. Clearwater issued 100 new business loans last year totaling $18,893,824.
By empowering local businesses, we empower our communities.
Being part means taking part.
Join us in being a force for good
Ready to transition your accounts over?
To open a member share, you’ll need $5, your ID, and proof of your address.
To open a Business Account remotely, we’ll need Articles of Organization, Articles of Incorporation, or Assumed Business Name registration information, and your EIN.
Once you have your documents ready, please email [email protected].
A Member Services Representative will then reach out to you to finish the process.Email Your Business Documents
Visit one of our six branch locations during business hours to join.Find a location
What you’ll need
- Proof of residence (i.e. check stub, current address on license, piece of mail, lease agreement)
- Your valid, government-issued ID (not expired)
- Opening deposit of $5
To be eligible for a Health Savings Account:
- You must be covered under a high-deductible health plan (HDHP) (requirements for minimum annual deductible here)
- You can’t be on disability, Medicaid, or Medicare
- You can’t be eligible to be claimed on another person’s tax return as a dependent
- You can only open an HSA if you are the primary policy holder of the HDHP
In addition, we’ll need to know:
- Your deductible amounts
- Name of provider
- Policy start date
For deductible amounts and dates, we’ll need the exact numbers. Because we report this information to the IRS, we can’t use guesses or approximations. You can find this information on your insurance paperwork and possibly on your insurance card.
The owner of the account must have been a primary account holder with our credit union at the time of their passing, with a $5 share in their own name. That’s because the Federal Credit Union Act states that you must be a member to qualify; joint account-holders are not considered members.
In addition, we will need:
- The account-holder’s EIN, which can be acquired by registering through the IRS website.
- Court-stamped paperwork from the Personal Representative or Estate Executor (we cannot use the will).
- A certified copy of the Death Certificate.
Trustor(s) must be members of our credit union. If not already members, they must qualify for membership so we can a personal account for them to get started. If the Trustor is deceased, all the beneficiaries must be members.
From there, we’ll need:
- A copy of Trust Agreement or Trust Affidavit
- For an Irrevocable Trust, we need the trustor’s EIN (these can be registered through the IRS website)
- For a Revocable Trust, we can accept either the SSN or EIN.
- The Name, Birthdate, SSN and address of all Trustees.
- Proof of identity for all Trustees per the Bank Secrecy Act (a valid driver’s license, passport, state ID or tribal ID is sufficient)
- Benefit accounts are for the living; we’ll need the SSN. Memorial accounts are for the deceased; for these we can use either the SSN or EIN.
- The person benefiting from the funds must qualify for membership.
- Written authorization from the person that the account is benefiting or their closest family member.
- A signed letter acknowledging that the account is sufficient if someone else is opening the account on their behalf.
- Social Security Administration letter appointing Rep Payee over beneficiary and or a US Treasury check made payable to the payee for the benefit of the beneficiary
- SSN of person the funds are benefiting
- BSA for Rep Payee, including driver’s license, SSN, contact info, occupation