Starting December 4, all members will have added fraud protection.
Clearwater is looking out for you with new fraud text alerts. Here’s what you need to know:
- This service will be automatically turned on for all member debit and credit cards.
- You will only get a text alert if a transaction is flagged as potentially fraudulent.
- If you are unable to respond to the initial text alert within 5 minutes, we will contact you via phone call to follow up.
If the transaction is valid:
- Simply respond to the text alert with ‘YES.’
If the transaction is fraudulent:
- Respond to the text alert with ‘NO.’
- You will then receive a response informing you that your card has been blocked and the next steps.
If you are unsure and would like further assistance:
- Respond with ‘HELP.’
- You will then receive a response informing you of next steps.
If you would like to opt-out of receiving fraud text alerts:
- Respond with ‘STOP’