A message from Jack Lawson, President and CEO
Dear Credit Union Members,
Like you, we are working hard to slow the spread of COVID-19. We are putting the health and well-being of our co-workers, our members, and the community ahead of all other interests as we make decisions. We are also working hard to meet your financial needs and provide excellent service.
We want to be clear that your money is safe with Clearwater Credit Union. Your accounts are federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) up to $250,000. Our ability to help you manage your savings and your daily spending, as well as to meet your credit needs remains unimpaired.
Nevertheless, we understand that some of our decisions will inconvenience members. We apologize for that. Here is where we stand today:
- Wednesday, March 18th, we will close all lobbies in our branches. This is a very important way to limit group interaction to protect your health and that of our co-workers. Drive-thrus will remain open.
- Consumer, Mortgage, and Business Lending functions will remain available by appointment. Please call your lender or (406) 523-3300 to schedule an appointment. We ask any member who is not feeling well to please refrain from scheduling in-person appointments.
- All of our remote delivery channels remain available. Please take advantage of these options:
- You can enroll and log into online banking to access your account information, pay loans, and make transfers at clearwatercreditunion.org/digital-banking.
- Chat or email with us at clearwatercreditunion.org/contact.
- Download our mobile app at clearwatercreditunion.org/digital-banking.
- Apply for loans online by selecting the type of loan from our home page clearwatercreditunion.org.
- Call our eBranch at (406) 523-3300.
- Based on call volumes into our branches, you may experience a busy signal. We encourage you to use other methods to contact us when possible. If you get a busy signal, please try back later.
- For members that have loan payments and experience financial hardship, deferred loan payments may be available. Please contact us if you would like to learn what your options are.
- Our co-workers are practicing heightened levels of personal hygiene, canceling any non-essential work travel and meetings, self-quarantining following any high-risk personal travel, and are under strict instructions to stay home from work if they show any flu-like symptoms. We have also begun to move as many co-workers as we can to a work-from-home setting.
- To support our co-workers we have expanded our paid-time-off policies. We are evaluating how many co-workers will be challenged by child-care responsibilities while the public schools are closed, and we are determining what levels of financial support will be needed to help them through this period. We are reassigning co-workers from closed branches so that they do not lose hours or pay. We also have a robust Employee Assistance Program available if they need additional emotional support during this stressful time.
- We have canceled all group use of our training center and are not accepting any new applications for such use until after the risk subsides.
- Our management team is meeting daily to monitor this situation so we can continue to adapt during this challenging time.
The situation is changing daily. For updates and answers to more of your questions please visit clearwatercreditunion.org/covid-19. We will do our best to keep you informed of any additional steps we take. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences we may be causing. We appreciate your understanding as we face these challenging times together.
Thank you for your membership,
President & CEO
Clearwater Credit Union
For more information and a full list of recommendations from the CDC, please visit the Centers For Disease Control guidelines.